Monday, October 5, 2009

The Poison Of Moving Images

There is a vision on the television
It is talking in strange words to you
You are listening entranced by the colors
Each channel flicked is something new

Your attention span wavers to a naught
As you drift through data streams on TV
What used to be cool now isn't even hot
You mind is imprisoned never to be free

There will be no turning off for the TV set
It will record shows while you catch your sleep
While you frown and while you fret
TV will calm you with soothing boops and beeps

With senses and emotions dull you watch
Like children entranced by moving images
As food crumbs gather near your crotch
You have become a slave to showbiz

-----------
I don't own a tv and I am somehow proud of the fact. TV is poison for the mind, in all its forms. Save your kids, don't keep a TV in house.

2 comments:

  1. Haww!
    I love watching TV. >.>
    Makes me laugh, makes me cry, makes me feel good about myself, makes me contemplate suicide. It is a neutral bastard, the TV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :P i don't own a TV. Havn't had one for past 7 years, so I afford to criticize the idiot box! :D

    n

    ReplyDelete