Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Ugh

The sea smells salty
Sand is squishy between my toes
An orange sun slowly sinks
Like a swimmer sans hope

I sit there watching it all
Absorbing, breathing it in
Storing away words and images
In a small room in my head

There are many other rooms like this
And one of those rooms has you
With a door marked with a red X
Because you're just that good

I often keep that room locked
But sometimes I give in
Then I take the key and open the door
To feast on what's within

One wall is marked with words
One wall crowded with pictures
One wall that begs to be touched
One wall that's just a memory

But the ceiling is most special of all
Colored black, dark as sin
I sit in middle of that room and think of you
And dream of all that could have been

This is why I keep that room locked
Keep it locked because I should
I just can't make myself lose the key
Cuz, ugh, you're just so good


--------------

I am going to come back to this and fix the second stanza, something about that one bugs me, but I can't put my finger on what it is. But I'll fix it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment