Saturday, September 23, 2017

when a machine dreams

i wonder if my laptop dreams
when i shut it down or put it to sleep
does it replay memories of my sins
of all the horror that i put it in

maybe it dreams of a bigger RAM
or more space on its hard disk
does it need a new charging cable
or a clean up to make the keyboard whisk

i've taped up its eye so no one can spy
maybe it has forgotten my face in this time
but i'll use this thing till it's called by digital gods
to it's final resting place, till then it's fine

i plug in my phone, my powerbank, my mp3 player
it dutifully gives juice to them all
but i feel like screaming at this machine at times
when bogged down by tasks it begins to crawl

does it curse me in those moments of random rage?
when it slows down to load all elements on a page
when i use it all day does it feel out of breath?
when i shut it at night, does it dream of my death?

---
It's a funny thing about my laptop. When I first bought it, I took it to the market the next day to sell it off because I didn't like it this much. No one bought it back. Not even the shop that I got it from. So, I kept it. And this fucking this has kept me for close to 7 years now. Here's to seven more!

No comments:

Post a Comment