Wednesday, October 25, 2017

One in the Chamber

an uneasy feeling
in the pit of my stomach
is the weather changing
or am I?

should I get out the proper clothes
or choose a pen and paper
should I pop a pill
or puke it all on the page?

there was a time when I thought I knew
how it all worked, the colossal machine that turned
but the grit of failure coats my teeth
the bridges of my convictions behind me burned

the only thing to know is that you know nothing
you can bang your head in walls and never understand
when the question is to kill or be killed
what stays the hand of a man?

perhaps a gun is pointed at my head
one bullet in a chamber, a sword on a thread
when will the finger of fate pull the trigger?
and if it clicks empty, will I cry or snigger?

--
THE HAMMER OF DOOM, MOTHERFUCKER!

No comments:

Post a Comment